Sunday, July 29, 2007

Books

I have read some this summer, trying not to mindlessly spend my days in front of the tube... Those that I've read, I recommend: The Sin Eater by Francine Rivers is a neat story about redemption. I've only read this book of hers, but I know from other's opinions that her other books are equally engaging. I recently started and finished in a short few days For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn. This is a book I highly recommend for all women to read. In it, Shaunti talks about the inner lives of men, the things that we women just do not understand, but her explanations backed by her own extensive research make sense. She encourages us women to make changes in our lives to affirm, love, and support our men in the ways that men need. I am just starting Sex God by Rob Bell, the pastor of Mars Hill in Grand Rapids, MI. So far, I can suggest this read to anyone wanting to look at relationships with anyone in a new and real way. I'm really enjoying it. I flip to the endnotes in this book quite often, which are usually Scripture references. I like having my Bible open next to me so I can understand the context of the writing.
Living with Liz this summer has kind of transformed me into a more avid reader. Thank you Miss Elizabeth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should see the movie version of The Last Sin Eater. It is fantastic. From what I hear, Francine Rivers is very happy with it.

MJUnderwood said...

Good book report. I might just read one of them!