Sunday, July 8, 2007

The Rag-O-Rama Experience

Today, Liz and I explored the shops of Little Five Points--a rather new-agey, vintage, artsy area. Not knowing we would find incense, bongs, crystals, feminist book stores, and psychics , we enjoyed the creative atmosphere nonetheless. In one of the vintage style consignment shops, I browsed through some clothes for myself, finding a cute skirt to commemorate my time down here. I went over to the men's clothing area to possibly find something for Austin. An interesting character stood next to me. The dialogue went something like this:
C (for character): "Aww, you're shopping for your boyfriend are you?"
M(for me): "Yeah..."
C: "How nice. Where can I get a girlfriend like you?"
Awckward pause, cheeks are flushing, don't know what to say...
M: "Go to church."
Liz and I laughed in line when I told her the story. What a funny day.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hilarious. Andrew and I are laughing out loud. What did he say in response?

Elise said...

He asked me then if that was where I found my boyfriend. I told him that I found Austin at my church-school. Boring small talk after that, but to get away from him I said, well my boyfriend is kinda picky and I don't see anything he would like, so have a good day.