Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Trends

I tend to avoid trends alltogether, even if they are good ideas. For a while, I didn't want an iPod because of the stupid way people looked while they walked around my college campus with their earbuds in listening as they walked instead of politely saying hello in passing. I now want one because I think they are great. I wanted to get my nose pierced once, and then it became the cool thing to do where everyone and their mother started showing up with studs in their nostrils. I've since forgotten about that idea, especially after switching from art to nursing. Facebook was another fad I have tried to dodge. As soon as the rush of excitement for Facebook had waned, I began to use it as a resource to find friends or people that friends talked about but I had no clue who they were. The other day, Austin reasoned with me that I should just get my own instead of signing onto Liz's (with her permission of course) to peer into the lives of friends and strangers. I have finally succombed to the pressure to create a Facebook profile. Oh dear. I am glad, however that I have caved during the summer so I can get tired of it by the start of school. I surely hope that this does not mean that I am losing my backbone and jumping on all the bandwagons that pass. You might find me someday in the circus if I go with the crowd too often. Let's hope not.

No comments: