Monday, October 29, 2007

Earthquake!

Right now, I am sitting at my desk while the walls are shaking intermittently. Sounds like an earthquake. Well it's the most profound earthquake that I have felt, ever, but not produced by shifting plates in the earth's crust, but rather a very large machine (I believe the Indian-ers call it a back-hoe) pounding down onto the concrete sidewalk just outside my living room window. I sat and stared at this process, mildly annoyed, but fascinated that this huge shovel can move large amounts of earth, or concrete in this case, with such delicacy. It is, however, creating a loud reverberation that I can feel, and might upset my plans for a nap this morning. Oh well.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sam wishes we could come visit. The day the Iowa City road crews were working on a similar project in front of our house, he was mesmerized!