Saturday, October 13, 2007

A few things I seem to lose a lot...

Chapstick. The plain kind with the black wrapper and red lines around it is my favorite. It is a staple that I must have or my lips will dry up like the desert sand. Yuck. And I usually lose it. So then I walk around with alligator lips for a while, when I am rescued by finding one in a purse I haven't used in a long time. If that doesn't happen, I love to buy a new one when it doesn't have that hole in the middle yet. Love it.

Sunglasses. I usually lose them or break them. It doesn't matter if they are new or old, I leave them on a table in a restaurant, sit on them in the bus, stretch one side until it breaks, and still use them with one wing on my ear because I don't like the thought of the sunshine burning away my vision. My mom has not usually liked the shape of the glasses I buy, until recently! I found a pair that she favors! And so do I. But I haven't lost them yet.

Nalgenes. I have lost two. One 1000 mL, and a mini one. I don't really know where they disappeared to. I dropped my big green one off a tall overhang onto the concrete to see if it would break, during my spring break trip of freshman year, and it didn't break. It left a mark on the concrete. I have it on video. It has been the subject of a portrait photo session. I did love this Nalgene, my first Nalgene, and I lost it this summer, or last Christmas, I don't remember.


I replaced it yesterday. I had gone long enough without a motivator to consume large amounts of water per day. I bought a grayish black one from my nearby coffee shop. I feel like a real outdoors-woman with this one. It's no fluffy green Nalgene. It's black. It's rugged. It's simple. I think I shall like this new Nalgene very much. And I hope it sticks around for a long time.

No comments: