Monday, October 8, 2007

Hot, Hot, Hot...

I thought fall was coming a few weeks ago... no, no. Right now, weather.com is reporting 90 degrees here. I don't think I've ever experienced any day October in the midwest with a temperature of 90!

It was good weather for camping though. Austin, Ashton, Kat, Dave, and I went Saturday night. What fun we had. At first, I was nervous to go because of the work that I need to get done before some tests, but once I got there, sitting around the campfire, eating s'mores, drinking cider... I felt like fall could be there, and I relaxed. Oh the magic of the outdoors. Here's Ashton toasting her marshmallows...




In other news, Jess and Blake got engaged this Saturday night! Congrats to them!!! I don't have any pictures, but imagine a pretty ring on a happy girl with a beaming boy holding her hand. That's the picture to remember. She was walking around today with a little hop in her step.

Austin and I are happily engaged, planning our wedding, and a fun trip afterwards. We're thinking the west coast somewhere north: Oregon maybe? Neither of us have been there, so it will be fun to see a new part of the country. Got any good suggestions of where on the Oregon Coast to stay? We're still looking for a good price and pretty scenery.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Olympic nat'l park in Washington state is beautiful, beautiful. Ooh - honeymoons are so fun!!

Hope y'all are well... was just praying for you the other morning.