Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Dracula Part III

I have now completed my right of passage into my senior year of nursing classes. IV Sticks. That says it all. This evening, on my first try, I tapped the blood well on a fellow nursing student in his antecubital vein (aka elbow crease) and it felt good! Not the fact that I was putting someone in a mild bit of pain, but that I was successful on the first try!!! Then, so I knew what it felt like, I got to be a guinea pig for that poor student (who was stuck twice in all, once by me, and another time by another student). So that's it! I can start an IV on you if you ever want one... not that you ever will.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Congrats on the first stick! I remember when we had to do ours. I think the closest I ever came to fainting at the sight of a needle was watching my classmate hilt the needle into my arm. At which point I tried to calmly say, "I think you need to back it up..."