Friday, June 8, 2007

Dracula's kin

The nurse I am shadowing this summer just happens to be from Transylvania, Romania... How funny!

My poor car has been taxed by this southern heat. Yesterday, I had a minor breakdown as I was driving into the city, planning to meet Austin and his family for a ballgame. Well, I was confused as to where to go, the traffic had stopped for a good while, I was in the wrong lane to try to turn around, I was on the phone with Austin who was graciously trying to direct me to where he was, my engine was starting to get hot, so then the heat in my car was on to relieve the engine, the windows were open, but to no avail as it was just as hot outside the car as it was inside, plus did I mention that traffic was stopped! So here I was in the city... not moving, heat on full blast, but the heat index still rising (or I was worried it would), almost making Austin's family wait and be late to the ballgame. I think it's understandable why I might have panicked a little. I wish that I had the calm nature that Liz has when she gets lost in the city. Oh dear.

2 comments:

MJUnderwood said...

So what happened? Did you make it on time? Did your car stop running?

Elise said...

I did make it in time, we weren't late for the game, but I was so very sweaty... My car is in the shop at Austin's house, but hasn't died yet. Hooray!