Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Goodbye May, Hello June.

Yes, it is already the third of June (only 2 months til Aug. 3rd!!!), but still early enough in the month to welcome June. May was busy, full of weddings, birthdays, practicums with Amish, beginning my job at the bank, wedding planning... and cold weather. It has officially started feeling like summer. The busyness of my schedule in May was reminiscent of my harried schedule at school, I can feel myself relaxing, and settling into my summer.

I think my birthday was a perfect way to welcome June. My family made a wonderful summer meal: steak on the grill, baked potatoes (sweet and golden), salad, and corn. We couldn't just sit around with the beautiful day it was outside, so I decided that for my birthday we would go for a hike. We all forgot how busy we were, and trudged down a beautiful wooded path, and got some exercise, singing "Onward Christian Soldiers", and "I'm in the Lord's Army". What a sight we were. After a long scenic drive through Waite Hill and Kirtland Hills, we arrived at my parents home and had a fire complete with S'mores! I hope June is full of days like this one.

Anyway... Summer's here and the time is right for dancin' in the streets.

2 comments:

Gabe and Libby Reed said...

you're day sounded just grand. i am so happy for you! i hope you do have many more days like that throughout the summer....wish we could do something like that together soon. :) love you elise girl!

Kristen said...

ELISEY! happy late birthday dear friend. :)
i'm so glad you had such a wonderful day... you and your cute family!!
i love you and can't wait to talk more soon!